The OU filter can be used for automatic assignment of devices to an organization unit (OU). The assignment is based on predefined criteria. This is particularly helpful when registering new devices or relocating existing ones.
There are two options for configuring the OU filter:
- The subnet OU filter uses the devices' network address for filtering
- The user-defined OU filter uses configured asset information of the devices for filtering
You can only use one filter at a time. For each filter, you can define multiple filter rules and specify the sequence you want the rules to be applied in.
Once defined, the filter rules are retained unless deleted manually. Deactivate the filter rules that are currently not required but that you want to keep for future use.
The OU filter has precedence over
- OU assignment of devices via the DHCP option 223
- Discovery of new devices via Scout
- selecting the OU in the First Configuration Wizard locally on the device
- the default OU specified in Advanced options > Devices.
For individual devices, you can ignore the OU filter (Advanced device configuration > Management).
OU filters are included when you export the data category Advanced options. For further information, see Import/Export.